Friday, May 18, 2012

Free National Parks Pass for Military Families!

In know I've already done some flag-waving for Military Spouse Appreciation Day, but you'll have to bear with me because I'm back with another military-themed post!

It's National Armed Forces Week and I've discovered an opportunity which is just too good not to share: starting on Armed Forces Day - tomorrow, May 19th -  active duty military members will be eligible for a free annual National Parks pass to pay tribute to their service!

Bryce Canyon National Park, UT

Those of you who've followed The Traveling Spoon for a while may remember that I have a special affinity for our country's National Parks. Last year, Matt and I had the absolutely amazing experience of touring our way through the great Parks of the American West - including the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Park (you can read all about our experiences here, here, and here).

We bought our own annual pass (still totally worthwhile at a cost of $80) to fund our multi-park adventure - in addition to taking advantage of some free admission during National Parks Week - but thanks to this amazing offer, we could do it all over again for free!

Zion National Park, UT

I can't even begin to tell you how excited this offer makes me! As a travel-lover, I've always got my eye on the road - and I'd be lying if I said that road wasn't usually in a far-flung, exotic locale - but touring our very own National Parks last year helped me realize just how much America really has to offer. Our country is as amazingly diverse in its landscapes as it is in its people, and while I consider myself reasonably well-traveled, I know I've barely scratched the surface. Thanks to this National Parks offer, I'm looking forward to going further!


If you think you might be eligible for this offer, or simply want more details to pass on to a friend, check out the official verbiage from the White House and the U.S. Geological Survey.

For more details about our experiences 'out West,' (including a possible itinerary and a 'best of' round-up of all the places we visited) check out my three-part National Parks series: Part I, Part II, and Part III!


Pin It
This post has been shared at:

2 comments:

  1. I just heard about this somewhere, and it was great to get an actual link. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I was so excited I just had to share :)

      Delete