Thursday, May 26, 2011

New on Yahoo: The Food of Northern Spain

An unassumingly delicious traveler's lunch: Wine from a monastery, mussels and the best churro ever!

A year ago at this time, I was still walking my way across Spain on the Camino de Santiago.  It was a remarkable journey, not just physically and mentally, but also gastronomically. So many of my best memories involve the foods I shared with fellow walkers - simple, hearty potato omelettes, startlingly fresh seafood, juicy, ripe cherries from a roadside vendor, and my first taste of fresh, boiled chestnuts...to name just a few!  I've collected some of my edible impressions in an article recently published on the Yahoo! Contributor Network. Writing the article was a great trip down memory lane for me and I hope, if you read it, you'll find it just as entertaining and enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment