Monday, October 31, 2011

We're Back...with Biscoff!

Our vacation is over, and though we're still clearing out suitcases and finding sand in the oddest of places, it feels good to be home. Unfortunately, we have to hit the ground running, which means that all the restaurant reviews and recipes I gleaned from our time in the Lowcountry will have to wait until after the dentist appointments, interviews, unpacking and other fun stuff is done. Until then, I'll leave you with an exciting bit of news...I'm finally joining the ranks of the Biscoff Spread fan club!

Image courtesy of Amazon.com

Thanks to the creativity of other bloggers, I've been hearing wonderful things about this elusive, sweet spread for months, but I couldn't locate a single jar in East Tennessee (that might be an exaggeration, but I did search several stores over the past few weeks!). We finally unearthed a jar in a South Carolina Publix, and though I haven't done much more than just taste it at this point, I'm already dreaming of the possibilities!

Of course, I could eat it straight out of the jar, but I'm excited about it's potential for transforming baked goods.  I've rounded up a few of my favorite Biscoff ideas from around the Web, but I'd love to hear your ideas, too. What should I make with my Biscoff? Leave your suggestions in the comments!

Carrot Cupcakes with Biscoff Cream Cheese Icing - Lotus Bakeries

Biscoff Candy Bar Fudge - Shugary Sweets (I always love Aimee's recipes, but these look ridiculously good!)

Biscoff Oatmeal Pancakes - Lotus Bakeries

Biscoff White Chocolate Chip Blondies - Two Peas & Their Pod

No-Bake Biscoff Oat Bars - Sugarcrafter

Biscoff Swirl Gelato - Gingerbread Bagels

For a little background on this trendy treat, visit this page.

1 comment:

  1. so, u ended up using your own recipe for biscoff blondies... would u prefer it over the 2peasandtheirpod recipe???

    ReplyDelete