Monday, March 26, 2012

Let me introduce you...

A couple of weeks ago, I received my first blog award. Thanks to Sarah at All Things Blogs, I'm one of the newest recipients of the Liebster Blog Award!


I'm so pleased to receive this honor, especially since my blog is still quite small. In fact, that's one of the best things about this award. It's passed around the blogging community as a way to draw attention to 'up and coming' blogs (i.e. cool blogs with less than 200 followers). Each nominee then selects 5 more recipients - so here are a few of my 'small and mighty' favorites:

1. Dreaming of White Chocolate
Michelle's blog is stuffed full of delicious desserts - from Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies (you just knew I'd notice those!), to Birthday Cake Fudge, and homemade Baklava (impressive, huh?). As you'd expect, there are also lots and lots of white chocolate recipes!

2. Whatchu Got Cookin'?
I may be a bit biased - this blog is the property of my good friend, Ashley - but she really does post some unique recipes. And they all look delicious: like these homemade pop-tarts, her amazingly creamy crockpot hot chocolate, and her butternut squash ravioli! I met Ashley shortly after Matt and I turned up at this duty station, and we quickly bonded over our love of food and our shared experience of being married to the Army. Ashley's also one of my blog heroes, somehow finding the time to update a second blog about her experiences as a military spouse. Be sure to check it out!

3. Baking for Britain
Sadly, this blog is no longer updated, but I just loved the concept so much that I had to share it (I hope that's not against the rules?). Each post is so well-researched and lovingly crafted, it's like a mini history lesson - through the lens of iconic British food. Longtime readers know that I love a good backstory, and this blog is full of them, from this history of Digestive Biscuits to a treatise on scones.

4. Catalina Bakes
Catalina blogs from the Czech Republic, where she bakes the most intriguing things. Her photography is gorgeous and her recipes are things you won't find of ever baking blog. My own Czech heritage makes her choices even more appealing, but I think her luscious photos and great desserts would appeal to anyone who loves food! For staters, check out her show-stopping Meringue Coffee Cake, her Vanilla Crescents (a Czech classic), and her yummy-looking mince pies.

5. Jenn's Travelogue Blog
I'd be remiss if I didn't include a travel blog in mix, and this one is a real gem. Our families have been friends since before I was born (her dad gave me my first compass - which started a life of traveler's itch!), but that doesn't make me any less jealous of Jenn's amazing life on the road! Until recently, Jenn had a months-long travel streak going - and she still manages to pack in some amazing trips, taking her readers along for the ride. Her posts are full of great recommendations and reviews, as well as some great thoughts about self-improvement and social responsibility. Head over to Jenn's blog for an account of her latest trip to D.C. - during Cherry Blossom season, no less (can you tell I'm jealous?)!

Congrats, ladies - you're the new recipients of the Liebster Blog Award! Here are the rules, should you choose to participate:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger that presented the award to you
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 more blogs with 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed
5. Let them know they've be chosen by e-mailing them and commenting on their blog

...and that's all! Thanks again, Sarah, for allowing me to be a part of this fun award!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award and thank you for the mention! I am always wishing for some of the tasty confections you post about, but I have yet to pick up a spoon. Hopefully one day soon our paths will cross and we can dine together!

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, thank you a lot for your sweetest words :) I really appreciate it! It makes my day so much happier to know you enjoy my recipes :)
    PS: Congratulations on your award :) You definitely deserve it! I always enjoy reading through your posts.

    ReplyDelete